MAC FOR IP, DIGITAL, ISDN, & ANALOG SETS
Cairs.net makes moves, adds, and changes simple and allows those without extensive Communications Server/PBX knowledge to get the job done. Whether your network is made up of a single type of PBX/Communications Server or a variety of Avaya, Nortel, Cisco, Lucent, NSN, or Siemens gear, cairs.net consolidates all the different management interfaces into a single point and click form. To speed things up even further, you can create templates that contain a default configuration of Set features and feature key-layouts. For all of you…large network owners, reduce the management madness, go cairs.net.
Cairs.net - Set Management delivers a simplified graphical interface to configure set devices and all their associated data including, numbers, multiple appearances, buttons (software and hard), features, groups, subscriber, accounting, equipment, and facility information. To make life easier, set templates can be configured to quickly add standard configurations including: set type, features, locations, key layout, set attributes, and user definable fields. Additionally, feature templates can be configured to include standard feature codes and values, eliminating extra data entry. If you are doing a large move and you would like to prepare your move ahead of time, you can configure Set’s in the database but scheduled them to be configured on the network at a future time. Cairs.net has a few required fields to maintain database integrity, but you determine the other fields you want completed when installing a set. If you are maintaining a corporate or DSN directory through cairs.net, Set Management provides you the ability to track key data like, multiple listings, and organizational info. In addition, if you are tracking facilities, connectivity routes can be configured directly for the Set record.
- Set up templates by site and switch to deploy enterprise and regional configuration.
- Create feature packages and key layouts.
- Schedule when you want configuration changes to take place in the network.
- History of all the commands sent to the switch and if they were successful.
- Graphical User Interfaces to view the entire set configuration and make changes to the hard and soft buttons.
- When multiple subscribers use the same number, you can track multiple listings for directory publishing.
- Easily view numbers by multiple appearances and class of service classifications.
- If you use dedicated plant, its only one-click to load or change the set connectivity by jack or port.
- Completely integrated into the cairs.net call accounting and billing systems.
- View and search calls made from the sets record.
- Track equipment, services, and cable data with unlimited cross connects and connectivity.
- Attach any type of file to set device record.
Cairs.net can track several different types of groups relating to your sets and switch types. All our groups work in the same fashion, you first create the group and then add the members into the group. Cairs.net provides you will the functionality to track four different groups. Group management includes Hunt Groups, Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Groups, Speed Dial Groups, Intercom Groups, and Call Pick-up Groups. For the EWSD we also offer a group called Office Hunt Groups.
When you create a set, you assign it to a template. These templates allow your users a visual representation of how the set appears within your database, the switch database and at the customers end. When you create a template, you can assign a set of features with either the Feature Key Map or the Feature Package. Additionally, you can create a template with an “add-on” to account for your larger sets.
Billing & Directory Integration
The Set record can be assigned to an account and organization and you can separate charges for a single device to different accounts. This is useful when you need the call charges to be picked up by one account but need the recurring or one-time charges to be covered by a different account. The Set record provides a dashboard view of its billing charges including calls made from the device and the equipment and services currently assigned to it. If you are publishing your Set data to a directory or the Subscriber Portal Phone Book, you can determine which numbers will be published in the director and even list multiple names for the same phone number.
- Easy to user Office 2007 style interface
- View and search for sets by active features, directory info, primary, multiplies, CS/PBX, and location.
- Easily find data through the Instant Search Control by field and query type (contains, equal to, less or equal, etc…).
- Customize your interfaces by controlling field visibility, field name, field order, and page layout.
- Create profiles for user groups specific for their needs.