Top of Page
The cairs.net user interface (UI) allows users to efficiently and securely navigate the system’s different communication and information management tools.
Cairs.net uses a profile based system set up by your cairs.net System Administrator(s) with the assistance of a Unique Communications Installer. Based on the user profile permissions, cairs.net users have either full access, read-only access, or limited access to specific cairs.net systems and information.
The cairs.net interface helps guide and protect users by graying out actions with uncompleted prerequisites and menu items unavailable due to profile privileges.
This section describes the Main Form (the screen displayed after logging into cairs.net) including how to navigate within the cairs.net system, view information, perform tasks, use short cuts etc.
When a user logs into cairs.net, the Main Form window opens.
1. The Main Menu options appear in the lower pane of the left panel.
2. A preselected section fills the Navigation pane in the upper pane of the left panel.
3. The panel on the right-hand side of the screen lists each menu option and provides a brief description of each section of the cairs.net software.
Note: Depending on your site’s setup, some Main Menu selections may not be available.
4. The borderline at the top of the Main Form displays your cairs.net version number.
5. The bottom of the Main Form contains a status bar displaying previous login and current database information.
Top Menu Bar
There are two Quick Menu bars directly below the top border line (blue when then window is the active window). In the top menu bar you can select from the following options:
· File – clicking File displays two options.
· Change Connection – you’ll need your site’s cairs.net administrators permission to use this option.
· Exit – allows you to exit the program.
· Actions – the Actions option is unavailable until it is activated by the selection of a Navigation pane menu item.
1. Once you make a Navigation pane selection, Actions highlights.
2. When Actions is highlighted, click it to see the submenu choices.
3. The choices available under Actions change based upon the selections made within the Main Menu and Navigation pane.
· Tools – contains the submenu, Options, which when clicked opens a pop up.
4. After clicking Options, the following pop up displays.
· Email Settings – allows the user to choose the type of actions that generate and send an email notification.
· Notification Settings – not available at this time.
· Sounds – not available at this time.
· Help – Contains three submenu options.
· About – when clicked, the About CAIRS.NET pop up displays.
Two hyperlinks are available within the pop up.
· Installation Location – when clicked, a window opens to the cairs.net installation location on your computer.
· http://www/uinique.net – when clicked, opens a web page displaying the Unique Communication Solutions website.
Click OK to close the pop up.
· Version Notes – opens a web page displaying the cairs.net release notes, including information on new features, bugs and refinements.
· Check for Software Updates – when clicked the software checks for a newer version of itself. If one is available, a pop up similar to the following screenshot displays.
5. Click Yes to initiate the update.
6. Click OK to close the pop up.
Menu Tool Bar
Below the top menu bar is another menu bar called the Menu Tool Bar. The Menu Tool Bar provides the following options.
· New – allows you to add new items for the option selected within the Navigation pane. Another alternative is to click the drop-down arrow to the right side of New and choose from a preselected list of items including – Set Management, Circuit, Work Order, Trouble Ticket, Subscriber, Billing Account Code, Building, and Connection. This list of choices is available from within any section of the software.
· Export – click the drop-down arrow on the right side of Export and from the right panel of the Main Form select either:
· Excel (All levels)
· Excel (Top level only)
· Excel (Expanded levels only)
· Excel (Multiple Files)
· PDF (All levels)
· PDF (Top level only)
· PDF (Expanded levels only)
· Print – the print icon is grayed out until you select the item (or items) you want to print in the right panel.
1. Use the Search function to determine what you want to include in your printout. The print Icon highlights.
2. Click the printer icon to print the selected items.
3. The Print pop up opens with printer options and controls.
Caution! – if there is a large amount of data in the right panel, be sure to use the Search Function to locate the specific information you want to print. If you select print without limiting the field, you are likely to get a warning message about the time it will take to print all the information. Select only the information you need.
· Delete – this is the red circle with a white X. First select the item to delete from the information in the right panel. Click the Delete button to delete the selected record from the right panel.
· Refresh – click the Refresh icon to refresh the information on your screen.
· Home – click the Home button to return to the main window.
· User Favorites – allows the user to set menu items as favorites in the form of shortcuts.
To set a menu item as a User Favorite, do the following:
1. Within the Navigation pane, click any menu item.
2. Click the User Favorites button on the Menu Tool Bar. The white (blank) area now replaces the menu links within the section to the right.
3. Click and drag the menu item into the right (blank) section.
· System Favorites – click the System Favorites icon to view a list of the most commonly used menu options.
· Add or Remove Buttons Drop-Down Arrow – at the right end of the tool bar is a drop-down arrow allowing the addition or deletion of selected tools within the tool bar.
Top of Page
The Main Menu options are located in the lower left hand corner. The Main Menu options are:
· Configured Items – Manage configures set devices and related feature packages. Manage configured circuits.
· Oders/Troubles – Manage assignment data in the system using a work order. Report on problems using trouble tickets.
· Subscribers – Manage information relating to each subscriber. A subscriber is any person, business or group that requires Equipment , Services, and/or a Set Device.
· Equipment/Services – Manage equipment and services. Manage vendors, service providers, and manufacturers.
· Accounting – Manage call records, billing accounts, and perform other billing tasks.
· Facilities – Manage buildings, terminal, frames, and connections in terminals.
· Switches – Manage switches and all related switch connectivity.
· Directory/Organization – Manage directory and organizations.
· System Admin – Used to compare the information that is currently within the cairs.net database versus the information that is in the switch.
As shown in the preceding screenshot, the Main Menu option (in this example Configured Items) highlights when clicked.
After selecting the option, its name (in the following screenshot example, System Admin) appears above the top of the Navigation Menu.
Clicking the Configure Buttons double arrow, within the lower right hand corner of the Main Menu pane opens a pop up.
This pop up has four options.
· Show Fewer Buttons – this button removes one button at a time starting from the bottom button from the Main Menu. The following screenshot shows the main menu with the System Admin button removed.
· Navigation Pane Options – Clicking this option opens the Navigation Pane Options pop up. Check mark or un-checkmark the boxes next to each Main Menu option and click OK to save your selection and close the popup. The button is either added or removed from Main Menu depending on your selection.
Additionally, you can change the order the button(s) appear within the Main Menu by clicking and highlighting the button name within the list. Click the Move Up button to move the selection up one spot or click Move Down to move the selection down one spot. Click OK to save your work and close the pop up or Cancel to cancel and close the pop up.
· Add or Remove Buttons – Clicking Add or Remove Buttons displays a list of available Main Menu buttons.
Mouse over to highlight the button to remove and left click. The button is immediately removed from the Main Menu and the menu item is no longer highlighted in orange within the Add or Remove Buttons list, indicating it has been removed from the list.
Top of Page
There are three panes within the Navigation area associated with the selected Main Menu option:
· Navigation – This pane contains the main submenu options. The following screenshot displays the Navigation pane when Switches is selected within the Main Menu.
· Action – This pane contains actions corresponding to the selected submenu option. The following screenshot displays the Actions pane when Switches is selected within the Main Menu.
· Views – This pane contains additional ways to sort any displayed information. To select a new View, click the radio button next to the desired view. The following screenshot displays the Views pane when Switches is selected within the Main Menu.
Note: Not all of the Main Menu options consistently utilize the Action and Views areas. Actions will not display until you select a Subsection so depending on the Main Menu option selected you may not see one or both of these areas. For example, if you select either Orders or Troubles, the Actions section does not populate because there are no specific Actions related to the Section. In this situation, you need to click the plus sign (+) to the left of the Section, or double click the name (Orders or Troubles) to open and view the subsection menu.
Collapse the Navigation and Main Menu panes when you need to provide more room within the cairs.net window for list results or panes.
1. Clicking the double arrow next to the selected Main Menu option name collapses the Navigation and Main Menu panes.
2. The double arrow now points to the right. To maximize the panes, click the double arrow.
Top of Page
The following screenshot shows the labels for all of the elements in the list portion of the Main Form. In the following screenshot Switches is selected under Switches. The Switches list displays in columns and rows to the right of the Navigation, Actions and Views panes.
· List Name – the name of the selected Main Menu list.
· Action Buttons – buttons corresponding to options within the Actions pane.
· Show All Link – click to display all items within a list.
· Instant Search Box – used to perform a quick search.
· Advanced Search Expansion Arrow – when clicked, displays an advanced search pane. This pane is covered later in the manual.
· Columns – vertical arrangement on a page.
· Column Header – describes the type of information contained within the column.
· Side Scroll Bar – used to move the list vertically.
· Rows – horizontal arrangement on a page.
· Bottom Scroll Bar – used to move the list horizontally.
Top of Page
Typically, within a Details Record there is a Sharing tab next to the Ribbon Tab.
Clicking the Sharing tab displays the following Ribbon Groups.
· PDF (expanded bands only)
· PDF (Primary band only)
After clicking a PDF Export option, a footer appears at the bottom of the window listing what information bands are being exported.
· Excel (expanded bands only)
· Excel (primary band only)
After clicking a Excel Export option, a footer appears at the bottom of the window listing what information bands are being exported.
· Print (expanded bans only)
· Print (primary band only)
After clicking a Print option, a pop up appears with printer options and controls.
Top of Page
1. Sections within a Detail Record can be hidden by clicking the auto-hide button located within the upper right hand corner of each section. The screenshot below shows the button icon.
2. After clicking the icon, the section collapses and becomes hidden. The screenshot below shows the Work Order Info section after clicking Auto Hide. Notice that the pushpin icon no longer points down but now points to the left.
3. To unhide the section, re-click the icon. The section expands and is no longer hidden.
Top of Page
The Ribbon is located at the top of the Detail Record. The user will select an element in the Ribbon to perform a task, to view information, or to obtain information details. The Ribbon, in the following screenshot, is found within the Building Detail Record and is divided into four Ribbon Groups: (1) Action, (2) Show, (3) Quick Stats, (4) Connection Paths, and (5) Attach.
Note: The Ribbon will contain different Ribbon Groups depending on the type of Detail Record.
Ribbon Groups and Ribbon Group Elements
A Ribbon is composed of Ribbon Groups which are in turn composed of Ribbon Group Elements.
To select an element within the Ribbon, click an Element within a Ribbon Group. Examples of an Element on the ribbon include Frames within the Show Ribbon Group or the Delete Button within the Action Ribbon Group.
Top of Page
Button Types & Popup Window
Three different button types are available with a Ribbon, Standard Button, Segmented Button and Combination Button.
The following sections describe each type.
The screenshot below shows an example of a standard button. Standard buttons have only one function and unlike Segmented Buttons they are not segmented so that the upper and lower portions have separate functions.
The Segmented button provides two different functions. When clicked, the top part of the button acts as a Standard Button with a single function, and the bottom part of the button provides a menu containing one or more additional options.
A Combination Button is a button containing a Standard button and a drop down arrow on the side. The Standard Button has a single function and when clicked, the drop down arrow displays one or more additional options.
Clicking certain buttons provides a Popup window allowing the user to choose specific items required to complete a particular task.
For example, from a Telephone Work Order Detail Record clicking the Add File element within the Attach Ribbon Group opens the Select the file to attach Popup. This popup allows the user to attach various types of files to the work order.
Top of Page