1. Click the Accounting menu.
2. Within the Navigation pane, click Accounts, then Official Accounts.
3. Before the Account list populates, you must either:
· Within the search box, type the account number or portion of the number and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. The Accounts list opens, displaying the account matching your search criteria. Double-click the account to view.
5. Within the Show ribbon group, click on the Accounting Entries button. The screen changes to displays two panes of information. The top pane displays a list of the items related to the account. The lower allows you to associate more items to the account.
6. Within the lower pane, there are two sections; the left hand side allows you to search for components to add to the account. The right hand side displays a list of instructions on how to add the component to the account.
7. At the bottom of the pane are two tabs:
· Add Items Pick List - this is a generic list of all items within your database, this could be anything from a circuit to subscriber to a set.
· Add Sets to Pick List – this is a more specific list that pertains to only your configured sets.
8. Click on the Add Items Pick List tab to perform a search, there are a couple of ways to find the component:
· Within the Search textbox, you can type-in the entire component name or number or a portion of the name or number, then click on the magnifying glass
· Click on the Show All button to view every component within your database
· You can also use the Last Search button to display the list of items from your previous search
9. Once the list displays, find your component to add to the account, double click on the record to open Assigned Accounts and Equipment window.
10. Within the window there are three panes of information, the Configured Item pane displays the item name or number, item type (Telephone, circuit, etc) and the Delete Date
11. The Accounts for Equipment and Services pane displays the account numbers that are associated to the item. There can be more than one entry in this pane depending on how the charges are distributed. Within the pane, you can add an account number to the configured item.
12. The Equipment and Services pane displays a list of the equipment and services associated to the configured item. Within this pane, you can also add equipment and services to the item.
Adding an Account Number to the Configured Item
13. Within the Accounts for Equipment and Services pane, click the row marked with the asterisk to enter in a new account number for the equipment and services. Complete the following fields, required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
· Charge Type* – click the drop-down arrow to access a list, then select one of the following choices:
· Both One Time and Recurring Charges – bills the account for all one time and recurring charges
· Recurring Charges - bills the account for only recurring charges
· One-time Charges – bills the account for only one- time charges
· Site* – once you click any of the drop-down lists, the site name auto-populates with the site selected on the General-Set Device window.
· Subscriber Name – this field does not relate to official accounts.
· Organization – if you have selected an account number associated to an organization, that organization name populates within the field. This is a read only field.
· Account Number* – click the drop-down arrow to access a list of the account numbers and their associated organizations. If an account number is associated to multiple organizations, the account number appears in the list multiple times, for example if account number 2424 is associated to three different organizations, there are three appearances of the account number within the drop-down. Each account number references the different organization name.
From the list, select the account number and organization responsible for the charges.
! When you create an account number, you can assign it to an organization or to a subscriber; this designates the account as official or unofficial. If you select an account with an organization, it is most likely an Official Account. If you select an account where the organization is blank, it is most likely an Unofficial account and associated to a subscriber.
· Billing Start Date* – click the drop-down arrow to access a calendar, from the calendar select the date to start the billing. To change the month and year click the right or left arrow and once at the appropriate month and year, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box.
· Billing End Date – click the drop-down arrow to access a calendar, from the calendar select the date to stop the billing for the equipment or service. To change the month and year click the right or left arrow and once at the appropriate month and year, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box.
14. At this point, you should save your progress. Within the Actions ribbon group, click the Save button.
Adding an Equipment or Services to the Configured Item
15. Within the Equipment and Services pane click on the row marked with an asterisk to add new equipment or services to the item. Use the drop-down lists or type the appropriate information in each of the following columns for the equipment or service , required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
· Equipment or Service Type* – click the drop-down arrow to access a list, there are three columns of information within the list:
· Equipment or Service Types – displays the name of the equipment or service
· Is Service Type – a checkmark indicates that the type is a service
· Allow Cost Adjustment – a checkmark indicates that the you can adjust the cost of the equipment or service
Within the list, select the equipment or service type.
· Equipment or Service Name* – click the drop-down arrow to access a list, and then select the equipment or service name. This list displays only the names associated to the type that you previously selected.
· Part Name* – click on the drop-down arrow to access a list, select the part name.
· Site – once you click any of the drop-down lists, the field auto-populates with the site name you selected in the Device Properties pane.
· Serial Number* – this field may auto-populate after you select a part name, it may either contain None or Generate Automatically, if these are contained within the field do not change the selection. However, if the field is blank click the drop-down arrow to access a list, and select the appropriate serial number
· Quantity – this field auto-populates with a pre-determined quantity amount. To change, click the field and type-in the new information.
· One Time Cost – this field auto-populates with the equipment’s one-time charge.
· Recurring Cost – this field auto-populates with the equipment’s recurring charge.
· Total One Time Cost – displays the total one-time cost for the equipment item.
· Total Recurring Cost – displays the total recurring cost for the equipment item.
Note: At the bottom of the list of equipment is a totals line displaying the one-time and recurring charges totals for all the equipment items within the list.
· Install Date* – this field auto-populates with today’s date. To change the date, click the field to access a drop-down arrow, once clicked a calendar displays. From the calendar, select the date to install the new equipment. This is the date the charges start for billing purposes. To change the month and year click the right or left arrow, and once at the appropriate month and year, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box.
· Delete Date – click the field to access a drop-down arrow. Once clicked, a calendar displays, from the calendar select the date to delete the item from the set. To change the date, click the field to access a drop-down calendar. To change the month and year click the right or left arrow, and once at the appropriate month and year, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box.
Notes – click on the grey
square in the field to open the Note popup that allows you to enter in any notes
regarding the equipment or service. Once
you have finished typing the note, click on the OK button to save the note and
close the popup. Alternatively, you can
click on the Cancel button to cancel the operation.
· Location – type the equipment or service location.
· Last Recurring Bill Date – this field indicates the last date the piece of equipment generated a bill.
16. You can continue to add equipment and services to the item, when finished, click on the Save & Close button within the Actions ribbon group to return to the Account.
You will notice that the item now appears in the Related to Account pane.
Top of Page