Please remember that when applying a refund to an account, the credit amount does not apply until you generate the next bill cycle.
1. Click the Accounting menu.
2. Within the Navigation pane, click Accounts and then Unofficial Accounts.
3. Before the Account list populates, you must either:
· Within the search box, type the account number or portion of the number and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. The Accounts list opens, displaying the account matching your search criteria. Double-click the account. The Account window opens, and defaults to show the Billing Account information.
5. Within the Billing Tools ribbon group, click the Adjustments button. Within the solid blue line below the ribbon, click the circle next to either:
· Credit (Refund) – apply funds to an account.
· Debit (Adjustment) – add charges to the balance statement.
6. Within the top pane complete the following information (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)):
· Adjustment Amount* – type the adjustment amount. When you enter in the amount, type the total amount with a decimal point. If you fail to enter in the decimal point cairs.net adds one in the appropriate location, for example if you type $100, cairs.net converts that to $1.00 instead of $100.00.
· Adjustment Date* – this field auto-populates with the current date. To change the date, click the field to access a drop-down calendar. To change the month and year click the right or left arrow, and once at the appropriate month and year, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box.
· Type of Service Name – click the drop-down arrow to access a list, from the list select the Type of Service
· Site – click the drop-down arrow to access a list and from the list, select the site. The site drop-down list displays the bottom-most site first. After the ~~ is the complete path to the site. Each site level is separated by a >.
· Organization – click the drop-down arrow to access a list from the list, select the name of the organization. The organization drop-down list displays the bottom-most organization first. After the ~~ the complete path to the selected organization appears. Each level of the organizational tree is separated by a >. Once you select an organization, the complete path populates within the field.
· Note – type any necessary information regarding why you are adjusting the account.
7. Directly below the top pane, on the right-hand side of the screen, click the Apply Adjustment button.
8. The information moves from the top pane to the Pending Adjustments pane.
9. When you generate the next bill, the refund or adjustment applies to the account.
Top of Page