Once you have added in the Equipment Item, you can add specific pieces of equipment. This allows you to track the number of pieces you have available, the sites where the equipment is available, serial numbers, etc.
1. Click Equipment/Services from the menu.
2. Within the Navigation pane, click Equipment.
3. Depending on the amount of records you have within your database, the list may not readily populate. To populate the list, perform one of the following actions:
· Within the search box, type any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. A list of equipment items displays. Within the list, double-click the equipment item that you want to assign pieces to. The Equipment window opens.
5. Within the Show ribbon group, click the Items button.
6. The window changes to the Items view. Click the top line marked with an asterisk (*), to add new items. Complete the following equipment information (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)):
· Warehouse Name – click the drop-down arrow to access a list and select the warehouse name.
· Vendor Name – click the drop-down arrow to access a list and select the vendor name
· Serial Number – type the serial number, if applicable. If no serial numbers are present, cairs.net automatically enters “none.”
· Purchase Order Number – type the purchase order for the equipment item
· Site – click the drop-down arrow to access a list and select the site. The site drop-down list displays the bottom-most site first. After the ~~ is the complete path to the site. In the example below, we selected the Henderson site, which is a child to Las Vegas. Each site level is separated by a >.
· Item Status* – click the field to access a drop-down list and select whether the item is Existing (in stock) or Unavailable (out-or-stock).
· Total Quantity Available – type the total quantity available for this serial number, the field defaults to one (1).
· Total Quantity Used – this field automatically populates when an equipment item is in use
· Assigned – this field defaults to no until the equipment item is assigned to a component, once assigned the field automatically populates with yes.
· Rack, Shelf, and Bin – type the rack, shelf and bin name or number to provide the location of the equipment item within the warehouse.
· Item Information 1 – 4 – use these fields to type any additional information regarding the equipment item.
7. To add another piece of equipment, click the Save & New button within the Actions ribbon group and repeat step #7.
8. Within the Actions ribbon group, click Save (to save and stay) to continue working with equipment types or Save & Close (to save and exit) to return to the Equipment list.
Top of Page