When you completed the process of created the general work and sub-orders, you may have forgotten to create a set subs, you can add subs to a general order at time as long as the order is open.
1. Click the Orders/Troubles menu.
2. Within the Navigation pane, click Orders and then All General Active Orders.
3. A list of the open orders populates. If you have a large number of active work orders, the list may not populate. To populate the list, do one of the following:
· Within the search box, type any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. Once the list opens, double-click the order number. The general work order window opens.
5. Within the Sub-Order Actions, click on the Create Orders button. The wizard opens to allow you to add the appropriate sub orders, the first step in the process is to pick the package action and type. Within the Package Type field, click on the dropdown arrow to access a list of package, select one of the following:
· Set Device
· Authorization Code
· Cell Phone
· General Task
6. Once you selected your package type, there are three actions you can perform for each of the package types:
· New Service
· Change Existing Service
· Disconnect Service
7. When you choose New Service the only option you have is to click on the Next button and continue with the Wizard.
8. However, if you choose change or disconnect, you will have to select an existing devise before you can continue. The lower pane will automatically populate with the devices that are associated to the package type (set device, circuit, cell phone, auth code, etc.) when you select either the change or disconnect actions. The list that populates is site specific, so only the devices assigned to your chosen site appear within the list.
9. You can either scroll through the list or perform a search for the device by typing a portion of the record or the entire record into the textbox and click on the magnifying glass. Once the list populates, highlight the device and click the next button.
10. Next, you determine which package is needed for this work order. Again, these packages are created by your cairs.net administrator in System Admin -> Subscriber Portal Settings -> Configuration Packages. By clicking on the plus sign (+) next to the package name, you can view the equipment or services associated to the package.
11. Within the list, highlight the correct package and click on the Next button.
12. The next screen allows you to add any additional notes to the work order. Once you have completed your note, click on the Next button to continue.
13. The final screen completes the wizard. Within the lower right hand corner, click on the Finish button.
Top of Page