There are two ways you can put sub-orders on hold, you can access the sub-order itself and hold it from the button within the Order Actions ribbon group. Alternatively, you can access the General Work Order and hold the sub-orders.
1. Click the Orders/Troubles menu.
2. Within the Navigation pane, click Orders and then All General Active Orders.
3. A list of the open orders populates. If you have a large number of active work orders, the list may not populate. To populate the list, do one of the following:
· Within the search box, type any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. Once the list opens, double-click the order number. The general work order window opens.
5. Within the Sub-Orders/Packages pane, find the order that you want to Hold, within the Selected column click the box to insert a checkmark. You can place a checkmark in multiple rows if desired.
6. Within the Sub-Order Actions ribbon group, click on the Put Orders on Hold button.
7. A message box displays allowing you to enter a reason why you are holding the sub-order(s). Type the reason and click the OK button. The Order Status column changes to display OnHold.
8. To view a list of work orders currently on hold, click Orders and then Held Orders.