Often times, a work order may be closed before the work is completed. In this case, you can reopen the work order, instead of creating a new one. When you access the work order within History, the button used to create and complete the work center is now used to reopen the Work Order.
Reopening a Work Order
1. Click Orders/Troubles.
2. Within the Navigation pane, click Orders and then Order History.
3. A list of closed or cancelled work orders populates to the right. If you have a large number of work orders, the list may not populate. To populate the list, do one of the following.
· Within the search box, type-in any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. Find the order within the list and double click it to open the work order details window.
5. Within the Work Order Info pane, click the Reopen Work Order button to change the order status to Active.
6. The order opens to the last Work Center and Time Frame.
7. You can send the Work Order to a previous work center and time frame by using the Send Back button within the Order Actions ribbon group.
8. Click the Save button, to save and stay or the Save & Close button to return to the Orders list.
9. The Work Order now appears within the All Active Orders list.