Before deleting a port group, all port numbers within that group must be assigned to a different port group. Please refer to “Assigning Port Numbers to a Port Group.”
1. Click the Switches menu in the lower pane of the left panel.
2. In the Navigation pane, click Switches.
3. Before the Switches list populates you must either:
· Within the search box, type-in any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. Within the list, double click the Switch to view. The General – Switch window opens.
5. Within the Ports ribbon group, click the upper portion of the button (Depending on your switch, the button name changes, for example, the button name may be EQN, TN, LEN, etc.) The screen changes to display the port groups.
6. Right click the group to delete and from the popup menu select Delete.
7. Once you click Delete, a message box appears verifying that you really want to delete the record. Click Yes within the box to continue or No to cancel the operation.
8. Once selected, cairs.net draws a line through the item allowing you to delete multiple records at one time.
9. If you do not want to delete the records, right-click the record to access a popup menu and from the popup, click Undelete.
10. Once you select Undelete, a message box appears verifying that you really want to undelete the record. Click Yes within the box to continue or No to cancel the operation.
11. To complete either process, click the Save (save and stay) button or Save & Close, within the Actions ribbon group, to return to the Switches list.
Top of Page