You must first establish a switch record through the Switches menu before adding a connection record for that switch. (Please refer to the “Adding a New Switch Record” section for detailed instructions.)
1. Click the Switches menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click Switches.
3. Depending on the amount of records you have within your database, the list may not readily populate. To populate the list, perform one of the following actions:
· Within the search box, type any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. Once the list populates, double-click the record to open the General – Switch window.
5. There are two ways to create a new connection:
· Within the Show ribbon group, click the lower portion of the Switch button to access a drop-down list and from the list select New Connection.
· Within the Connections pane, double-click the row marked with an asterisk (*).
6. With either option, the Switch Connection Details window opens. Complete the necessary fields (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
· Connection Key* – click the field to access a drop-down list and from the list, select the connection key. The following options are available:
· Core Login
· Rlogin Core
· Switch Computer Name – type the WOPR computer name.
· Switch Instance Number – type a one if only one instance of WOPR is running with the switch (most common). In some instances, more than one instance of WOPR may be running.
· Connection Type* – click the field to access a drop-down list and from the list, select the connection type. The following options are available:
· Login Only
· IP SSH
· Web Service
· User Name* – type the username used to access the connection specified.
· Access Code – type the password used to access the connection specified.
· IP Address – type the IP address if connecting via IP. If not, leave blank.
· IP Port – type the IP port if connecting via IP. If not, leave blank.
! The following seven settings are all comm port settings.
· Comm Port – type the comm port number if connecting via comm port. If not, leave blank.
· Data Bits – type a value, if necessary.
· Parity – type a value, if necessary.
· Stop Bits – type a value, if necessary.
· Baud Rate – type a value, if necessary.
· Use RTS – click the box to insert a checkmark to use RTS, if necessary.
· Use XOn XOff – click the box to insert a checkmark to use XOn XOff, if necessary.
· Web Service Url – type the URL used to access the connecting end, if necessary.
· Connection Priority – type the connection priority, most times it is a one.
· Dedicated SMA – click the box to insert a checkmark to indicate the connection is dedicated for SMA only.
· Passthrough Devise - click the box to insert a checkmark to indicate that this connection uses a passthrough devise for example a Teleboss.
7. Click the Save button.
8. Within the Connections pane of the Switch window, your new connection appears within the list. Connections dedicated as SMA appear with ‘SMA’ in the first column. Refer to Creating SMA Connection to learn more about establishing the connection.