To resolve out-of-sync port number records, cairs.net offers an import function that brings the switch port numbers into the cairs.net database.
Skip steps #1 through #5 if you have just completed a manual sync and/or you are already in the Switch Sync window.
1. Click the System Admin menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click the plus (+) sign next to Data Sync Center to expand the menu items.
3. Click EWSD Switch Sync Project.
4. The Switch Sync Project list opens to the right. Within the list double click the project to view.
5. The Switch Sync – [Switch Recurrence] window opens. Double click the sync project
6. To view and resolve the out-of-sync port data (data within the cairs.net database, but not the switch, or data within the switch but not in the cairs.net database), click the upper portion of the Out of Sync button within the Set Device Sync ribbon group.
7. The Sync Details pane displays all port numbers in the switch and not in the cairs.net database.
8. To resolve all discrepancies at once and import all out-of-sync ports into cairs.net, click the lower portion of the Out of Sync button to access a dropdown list. From the list, select Import All.
9. To resolve an individual record, double-click a record to review. The Switch Sync window opens displaying two panes.
· Cairs Data pane – displays the port number details if the record is in the cairs.net database and not in the switch.
· Switch Data pane – displays the port number details if the record is in the switch and not in cairs.net.
10. If the information within the Cairs Data pane is populated, the port exists within the cairs.net database and not in the switch. You can delete the set from cairs.net by clicking the Delete button within the Switch Sync Import popup. There is no undo button so once you click Delete the set is gone.
11. If the information within the switch pane is populated, the port exists within the switch but not in the cairs.net database. Import the individual ports by clicking the Import button within the Switch Sync Import popup.
12. To exit, click Close.