Cairs.net offers an import function that resolves out-of-sync set device records by bringing the switch records into the cairs.net database.
To minimize errors and speed up the import process, resolve all analog sets first followed by all main listed numbers of digital sets (#1 button). Lastly, resolve any other appearances of those main digital sets.
Skip steps #1 through #5 if you have just completed a manual Set Device Sync and/or you are already in the Switch Sync window.
1. Click the System Admin menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click the plus (+) sign next to Data Sync Center to expand the menu items.
3. Click EWSD Switch Sync Project.
4. The Switch Sync Project list opens to the right. Within the list, double click the project to view.
5. The Switch Sync – [Switch Recurrence] window opens.
6. To view and resolve the out-of-sync set device records (data within the cairs.net database, but not in the switch, or data within the switch but not in the cairs.net database), click the upper portion of the Out of Sync button within the Set Device Sync ribbon group.
7. The Sync Details pane opens displaying the out-of-sync data.
8. To resolve all discrepancies at once and import all out-of-sync set devices into cairs.net, click the lower portion of the Out of Sync button to access a dropdown list. From the list select Import All
9. To resolve an individual record, double-click a record to review. The Switch Sync window opens displaying two panes.
· Cairs Data pane – displays the set device details if the record is in the cairs.net database and not in the switch.
· Switch Data pane – displays the set device details if the record is in the switch database and not in cairs.net.
10. If the information within the cairs.net pane is populated, the set exists within the cairs.net database and not in the switch. You can delete the set from cairs.net by clicking the Delete button within the Switch Sync Import popup. Be aware there is no undo button so once you click Delete the set is gone.
11. If the information within the switch pane is populated, the set exists within the switch but not in the cairs.net database. You can import the individual sets by clicking the Import button within the Switch Sync Import popup.
12. You can import all records appearing in the switch database but not in the cairs.net database by clicking the lower portion of the Out of Sync button within the Set Device Sync ribbon group. From the dropdown list, select Import All.
13. A popup message appears stating the sync process may take at least 1 second per record. Also, the import sync from the switch to the cairs.net database only works for sets already assigned in the database and with identical port types. Click O to continue.
14. Once the import is complete, another message popup appears stating the process is complete.
15. Click OK to continue.